Allancroft Centre was opened by the Children's Service Centre. Open from 1962 to 2000, Allancroft Centre was located at 141 Elm Avenue in Beaconsfield. When it opened, the centre accommodated 14 boys and girls of public-school age. It was designed for the study and treatment of children who were too emotionally disturbed to remain in the local community. In latter years, it offered foster care for children aged 6 to 12 as part of Youth Horizons.
In 2001, Le Portage Rehabilitation Centre leased the property and buildings from Youth Horizons (Batshaw) as a centre for English-speaking adolescents to support a drug rehabilitation program in the West Island of Montréal.
Le Portage closed its doors in 2011 to make way for the construction of a new youth detention facility on the land.
The land at 141 Elm was originally the location of the Drummond estate complex known as “Huntlywood”. The estate was sold to Sir Montague Allan, the name "Allancroft" is attributed as being his summer residence. At the turn of 20th century, it became The Allancroft Dairy & Stock Farm using the barn building and several other buildings on the property.
In 1953, the principal building was used as an orphanage until it was destroyed by fire. After the fire, the coach house was moved to nearby St-Charles Boulevard to be used as a church. It was eventually dedtroyed due to lack of funds.