Shawbridge Boys Farm

Home / Photos / Shawbridge Boys Farm

A history going back more than 100 years

Originally conceived in 1899 by James R. Dick, Shawbridge Boys Farm was built in 1907 for the training of delinquent boys from the Montreal area. The farm was used to house orphans, juvenile criminals under the age of 18 who were sent there to serve time for charges such as robbery, assault, or theft. In the early years of Shawbridge Boys Farm, it was sponsored by The Rotary Club of Toronto and Montreal. As more sponsors came on board after The Rotary Club, many photos were taken in the early years of the Boys Farm.

1928

Shawbridge Boys Farm in 1928.

Shawbridge Boys Farm in 1928.
1928

The Shawbridge Boys Farm Chapel.

The Shawbridge Boys Farm Chapel in 1928.
1928

The Douglas and Birks Cottage.

The Dougal and Birks Cottage in 1928.
1928

The Lewis Cottage.

The Lewis Cottage in 1928.
1928

Milk delivery at Shawbridge Boys Farm.

Milk delivery at Shawbridge Boys Farm in 1928.
1931

The Shawbridge Boys Farm Chapel.

The Shawbridge Boys Farm Chapel in 1931.
1947

Shawbridge Boys Farm.

Shawbridge Boys Farm in 1947.
1949

Shawbridge Boys Farm.

Shawbridge Boys Farm in 1949.
1947

Shawbridge Boys Farm.

The horses on the farm in 1947.
1928

Dougal and Birks Cottage.

Dougall and Birks Cottage in 1928.
1928

Shawbridge Boys Farm.

Shawbridge Boys Farm in 1928.
1928

Shawbridge Boys Farm.

The Shawbridge Boys Farm in 1928.
1951

Christmas Departure.

Christmas departure in 1951.
1951

Christmas Departure.

Christmas departure in 1951.
1951

Christmas Departure.

Christmas departure in 1951.