Shawbridge Youth Centre

Home / Photos / Shawbridge Youth Centre

A history going back more than 100 years

Originally conceived in 1899 by James R. Dick, Shawbridge Boys Farm was built in 1907 for the training of delinquent boys from the Montreal area. The farm was used to house orphans, juvenile criminals under the age of 18 who were sent there to serve time for charges such as robbery, assault, or theft. In the early years of Shawbridge Boys Farm, it was sponsored by The Rotary Club of Toronto and Montreal. As more sponsors came on board after The Rotary Club, many photos were taken in the early years of the Boys Farm.

2003

The entrance to Shawbridge.

The entrance to Shawbridge.
2000

The Shawbridge Administration Building.

The Shawbridge Administration Building.
2003

The kitchen staff at Shawbridge.

The kitchen staff at Shawbridge in 2003.
2003

The sign at the former Beaton Cottage.

The sign at the former Beaton Cottage.